Thursday, October 06, 2011

Preparing for a Daylong Workshop in Cheyenne, Wyoming

Still Life at a Home in Cheyenne, Wyoming (6 October 2011)
SpringHill Suites, Room 109, Cheyenne, Wyoming

Today, I flew to Chicago and then I flew to Denver, and from Denver I drove to Cheyenne, Wyoming, under a sky that really did seem bigger than the same sky as seen from the eastern part of the country. The reason for this trip is to give a workshop on electronic records tomorrow to 136 people from Wyoming and Colorado. This will be my biggest in-person workshop ever, and by a long shot (I did have an audience of 1,000 once for a webinar, but this is people in one place).

I spent an enjoyable evening tonight with members of the board of the local ARMA chapter, and tomorrow will be my presentation in celebration of Archives Day in Wyoming. I'm hoping to have the energy tomorrow night to report on what happened, because I think it's interesting to see what happens when one of us archivists flies around the country to talk about what we do.

Members of the Cheyenne ARMA Chapter with Geof Huth
archivity furthers

No comments: